Thursday, July 17, 2008

spaghetti painting!

I don't remember where I saw this idea, but for literally years, I've wanted to try spaghetti painting. Vats of color, a big old wall, and blobs of cooked noodles. It's a very Patch Adams kind of endeavor. (That can wait for another post, though.)

So. My boyfriend bought an old house in May, and every room will eventually be redone. The trim is being pried from windows and doorways, walls knocked out... It's very cool. And since I knew that the wall in the "living room" would no longer exist in a couple of months, I presented this idea, with very little actual hope of being allowed to fling paint and pasta all over the place.

Sometimes, though! Sometimes we CAN have our way.

He didn't seem surprised, even, and the plans were instantly in the works. The best part is that when his friends delivered a couch last week, he said, "Well, I guess we'll need to cover the couch with something when we paint." I was puzzled, and explained that I was only going to be flinging things at two walls. He thought that I was going to be flinging things all over the entire room. And he was going to let me!

Ok. So, up there is the wall Before. With a plastic tablecloth to somewhat protect the floor. (Which is also going to be ripped up.)

And then:














Lots of cheap paint, old spinach containers, and a bucket full of spaghetti.

And then the craziness!














My stepmom was the only one who was quite as giddy as me about the whole thing.















But my dad was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.



















We found out that small amounts of spaghetti and large amounts of paint, tossed gently rather than flung maniacally, create the most effective, um, effect.

And then you should really get your hands and feet into it.

I highly recommend that you plan such an afternoon yourself.

4 comments:

Poetic Painter said...

I've never heard of that...crazy...but sure looks fun!

Steph said...

Wow! that just looks like SO much fun!

Amy said...

Hey You!

I know you do not check this often, but I hope you see my blog. I got tagged the other day and now I am tagging you.

Check my blog.
xo Esme

Anna said...

Oh, yes, it was crazy and fun. :) And Esme, dahlink, I'll investigate momentarily.....